We want to share your incredible work and amazing successes through Giving Tuesday.
Giving Tuesday is all about you, our partners. Without you, Giving Tuesday wouldn’t exist.
We want to use Giving Tuesday to share the incredible work you do and to encourage more people to support amazing causes.
To help us do this we are launching a Giving Tuesday photography competition for our partners.
Please share photos that show your work, your Giving Tuesday activity, or your successes.
This Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition is open to Giving Tuesday Partners that have provided photograph(s) to the Giving Tuesday team via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th June 2019.
The technical stuff – please read the competition’s full terms and conditions below.
Photo must be high resolution (at least 795 x 300 pixels and at least 72ppi, and preferably 300ppi or more) and you must be the copyright owner – see some photos below that show the required quality.
The legal stuff:
Giving Tuesday Partner photography competition
We’re giving all our Giving Tuesday Partners the chance to win a £100 donation to their chosen cause in our Giving Tuesday Partner photography competition.
We would like to feature photographs showing the work you do through our Giving Tuesday campaign materials and channels including our website, printed collateral and social media channels.
Simply send us 1 (or more) photograph(s) demonstrating either your Giving Tuesday activity or your usual charity work to enter the competition and to be in with a chance of winning the £100 donation.
Photographs should be at least 72ppi, and preferably at least 300ppi.
Read the prize draw terms and conditions
Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition (the “Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition”) Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition is the Trustees of Charities Aid Foundation of 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4TA (registered charity number 268369)(“CAF”).
2. Entry into this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Who can apply: this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition is open to Giving Tuesday Partners that have provided photograph(s) to the Giving Tuesday team via email@example.com by Friday 28th June 2019. (UPDATED)
4. Employees or agencies of CAF group or any of its subsidiaries or their family members or anyone else connected to this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition shall not be permitted to enter it.
5. There is no entry fee payable to enter into this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition.
6. To enter, an entrant must:
a. Have signed up to be a Giving Tuesday Partner before Friday 28th June 2019 (UPDATED); and
b. Provided at least one photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th June 2019 (UPDATED).
7. Maximum of 3 photograph entries per entrant available for this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition. CAF accepts no responsibility for any taxes, duties, costs or other fees payable as a result of participation in this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition.
8. CAF reserves the right to disqualify any entrant without notice if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
9. CAF will select a shortlist from all qualifying entries by Friday 5th July, 2019, with the winning entry being selected by a panel of judges by Friday 12 July. (UPDATED)
10. CAF will notify the successful entrant via email contact details as provided when submitting the photograph(s) for entry in to the Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition. CAF will ask the winning entrant to nominate an organisation to receive the £100 donation.
11. Subject to successful validation of the nominated charitable organisation, conducted by CAF, CAF will credit the £100 donation to the chosen organisation by Wednesday 31 July. CAF will provide the winning entrant with confirmation on this completion. (UPDATED)
12. The prize and/or the donation are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative for the prize and/or the donation will be offered.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. CAF cannot enter into correspondence with entrants which experience difficulties with entering online.
14. CAF reserves the right to cancel or amend this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
15. CAF’s decision in respect of all matters to do with this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition shall be final and binding.
16. CAF may invite the successful entrant to take part in the promotional activity in relation to this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition (including using his/her charity name in any marketing materials published by CAF both in paper and online) but the successful entrant shall have the right not to take part in such activity.
18. To the maximum extent permissible by law, CAF accepts no liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition. CAF is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition. Nothing shall exclude CAF’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
19. This Giving Tuesday Photography Competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. If any provision of these terms and conditions become or are invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
21. For more information on this Giving Tuesday Partner Photography Competition, please email email@example.com.
Copyright and permissions
22. For the purpose of this section on copyright and permissions, ‘image(s)’ includes image meta data and any written captions or other text submitted with the image(s).
23. The entrant, or their representative submitting images on their behalf, must be the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder to submit images to the prize under the terms and conditions specified here.
24. Copyright holders retain copyright in their work.
25. Copyright holders grant to Giving Tuesday UK / CAF a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable right to copy, adapt, distribute, perform and use their submitted images in any media (including social media, online and print):
in connection with the operation, promotion and/or description of the prize for a period of 3 years from submission
for shortlisted and winning entries only, on a perpetual basis in connection with the prize (as described above) together with use for merchandising purposes and for any uses connected with the CAF / Giving Tuesday UK and the campaign’s charitable mission to celebrate and encourage giving in all its forms.
26. The above licence will be royalty free.
27. The entrant, or their representative submitting images on their behalf, warrants they have all third-party permissions and releases, including patient consent if relevant, necessary to have taken the image and to have submitted it to the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
28. The entrant, or their representative submitting images on their behalf, warrants that any material submitted is their own original work and does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. If copyright or any third-party rights are infringed by any material provided by an entrant, then the entrant will take full responsibility for this. CAF accepts no liability for any breach of copyright or any third-party rights by an entrant or arising from a breach of this warranty.
29. Please note that if you submit images or videos that have captured any individuals or their personal data, you confirm that you have the appropriate permission in place from those individuals to use their personal data in this way. You also confirm that you are compliant with relevant data protection legislation in the UK.