We’re searching for the ultimate charity champion to inspire the nation to do good stuff.
The #givingtuesday champion search is back.
If you or someone you know has shown extraordinary commitment to a charity they care about and has the potential to inspire others, then nominate them to be our champion!
The person we’re searching for will have gone above and beyond to support a charity in some way. They might have raised loads of money or maybe they’ve volunteered hundreds of hours.
They might even work for a charity and have committed their whole lives to doing good stuff, or done something completely out of the ordinary to make the world a better place.
Whatever they have done, we want you to tell us why they deserve to be our #givingtuesday champion.
Our #givingtuesday champion will chosen by a panel of incredible judges including our amazing winner from 2015 Andrew Davies. Andrew won the title after pledging to raise £150,000 for Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity after they supported him through a bone marrow transplant. Andrew is joined by four new faces to our judging panel, from across the media and charity world.
Our judges (l-r)
- Andrew Davies, #givingtuesday champion 2015
- Zoe Parkinson, Vice Magazine
- Mika Simmons, Actress & Founder of the Gynaecological Cancer Fund’s Lady Garden Campaign
- Paul Stanworth, BBC Newsbeat
- and Mike Buonaiuto, CEO of Shape History
The judges will be looking for one special person who has taken doing good stuff to new heights. Someone who’s raised the bar when it comes to doing something amazing for charity and who they believe will inspire others to do good stuff this #givingtuesday.
Our winner will be rewarded with:
- a £250 donation to the charity of their choice
- the chance to tell their story to the national media
- the opportunity to join us at the top of the BT Tower on #givingtuesday
- PLUS, they will get the experience of a lifetime: a hot air balloon ride over the UK countryside.
If you think you or someone you know deserves to be our champion then enter our competition here. Entries must be made by 12pm on Friday 14th October. Late entries will not be accepted.